Monday, July 8, 2013

From the Grocery Bag

For the last little while we have missed the veggie truck and been purchasing our veggies from a local tienda. While this has been convenient, due to the fact that they are close to the house, we have found that the veggies haven't been of the best quality.

So, you can imagine how happy I was when today I heard the familiar voice calling out, "cebolla, pi
ña, tomatoes.....". I dropped what I was doing, gabbed my money and ran down to the basketball court where the truck was - I wasn't going to miss out this time!

Boy - am I glad I did. Did you know that it is the beginning of pitaya season? I didn't. We were able to get two beauties! Aslo, the carrots and onions looked way better than the ones I have recently been buying. So, for only $240 cordobas or just over $10 CDN this is what we bought:

  • 2 lbs of onions
  • 2 pitaya
  • 2 piña
  • 1 lbs of tomatoes
  • 2 chayote
  • 3 green peppers
  • 2 lbs of carrots

Posted by Picasa